Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tue April 28

Got up at 7AM and was on the road by 8. Had to stop and get gas for the boat and a couple of food items that I had forgot. We got to the launch at 10:00 and I was under way by 10:15. The wind was blowing 15-18 from the SSE. It was pretty bumpy for the few hours but calmed down some in the afternoon. I was running 1600RPM and making about 5MPH. I had planned to stop at Horn Island but I got there sooner than I thought and too soon to stop. The next possible was Ship Island, about 20 more miles. That was too far to run slow so I kicked her up to 3800 RPM and 21mph. I made it to Ship Island at about 6PM. Ship is a good stop. There is a pier there and bathrooms and also showers. In the summer they run tour boats from Gulfport to the Island and drop people off for the day. They are still in the process of rebuilding after Katrina. I was too tired to do a lot of cooking so opened a can of beef stew and lights out at 9PM.

IMG_0273

IMG_0274

No comments:

Post a Comment