Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wed

Got up at 0600 and under way at by 0640. There was light wind from the East. Temp 72. Running 1250RPM making 5 mph. Nice day on the water. The wind picked up in the afternoon but not as bad as it has been. I made it to the entrance to the canal that goes to New Orleans at 1430. That was 104 miles from my launch point. I made it to the Industrial Lock (132 miles) at 1740. Had to wait about 45 min to lock through. It took forever for the commercial fishing boat that was going through with me to tied up. It was 1900 by the time I made it out of the lock. Too late to try and make it across the Mississippi before dark. The lock master told my that there was a floating dock on the river side of the lock and I could tie up their for the night. This is where I am now. It is a good and bad spot. Good place to tie up and there is even a power cord so I can plug into shore power. The bad is the noise. They blow a horn every time a boat locks through. I am running low on ice so I walked up to a store about 4 blocks and bought two bags. I was going to go get two more but think I just wait. I have used 24 gals of gas for the 132 miles. That works out to about 5.5 mpg. I'm starting to fade fast so will add more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment